Tuesday, May 26, 2009

End of Pregnancy Depression


Q: I am not sure who to ask, but the closer I get to having this baby, the more depressed I get. This baby is going up for adoption, but I really have not been thinking about that in a bad way at all lately. I just feel myself getting more depressed as the days go on ... is there something wrong with me?


A: Tell your OB. Some forms of postpartum depression can actually occur before delivery. Certainly the extra dynamics of adoption play some part in this, but your doctor should evaluate you to see if the depression is pathological.

Dr. Gerard M. DiLeo
Obstetrics and Gynecology Dr. Gerard M. DiLeo is a board certified obstetrician-gynecologist who has been in private practice since 1981 and has served as Chief of the Medical Staff at Lakeview Regional Medical Center in greater New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment